Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Distractions

So, even though this blog is quite young, I already abandoned it for 3 whole weeks. I'm sorry! But my excuse is...well, Ravelry.

They let me in a day or two after I finished the tangled yoke cardigan, and I just HAD to spend lots of time putting in my projects, prowling around and looking at everybody else's projects, and so on. I first heard about Ravelry in May or June, but I somehow thought it would be a good idea to wait to join until it was out of beta. In August, I got impatient and added myself to the waiting list (and got in mid-October). I like it very much. Hopefully it'll be open completely soon.

But I didn't stop knitting! Or crocheting, for that matter.

Behold:

Pattern: "Lavish Cables" from the Leisure Arts book In Love With Crochet.
Yarn: Lion Brand Suede in Denim (lots of it! around 25 balls, but I lost track.)
Hook: size K

This afghan is a wedding/Christmas present for my sister. It was a request, so no fear of ruining surprises. The wedding was in July, but I had barely even started the afghan at that point, so now I'll give it to her and her husband for Christmas. It's crocheted, with lots of cables and bobbles. I think it may need more fringe (so the tassels are closer together, basically), so that's one tweak I may make before then, but otherwise it's done. Yay!


And this is the VK cabled cardigan. It's moving along. The cabling here is really easy, and it wasn't too boring at first either. Now I'm a little bored, though, after doing the back and the left front. I'm not that excited to move on the the right front and the sleeves, which will just be more of the same. I may just let it stew for a while and work on something else.

No comments: