Monday, September 3, 2007

Hi, I'm an Addict

Since I'm ready to face the difficult truth that my family members don't really want to hear about the details of my knitting (and other crafting) adventures, and I have far too much fun thinking about it all to keep it entirely to myself...here we are! I'm joining the many thousands of knitters who can't help blogging about it.

My youngest sister (she was 17 at the time) taught me to knit right around Christmas of 2005. I celebrated by making hats and scarves for most of my family for Christmas 2006, which was no real shock to any of them since I had done similar things before with crocheted or quilted or even woodcarved items. I may be a menace, but I'm a happy (and consistent) one.

I discovered knitting resources, including many interesting blogs, sometime in the fall of 2006. This was also when I discovered that knitting magazines are like crack (maybe chocolate is a better example, since I at least have some personal experience there). These enablers are the real reason that knitting has taken over my brain. Well, that and the 1500 miles that are currently between me and my sewing machine, which happen to do a pretty good job of curtailing my sewing and quilting.

Wish me luck!

No comments: